…and I refused to, but it happened. It was late in the early morning, around 5 am. Everyone was deeply asleep in that place I call home. Matthew Bellamy was whispering to me things about feeling good in a new world, but he suddenly stopped, as something important was about to happen [and I knew exactly what it was]. I shouted at it “Hold on! Edward, please don’t fall down. Stay there just a few more years!” But it didn’t. And it went straight to the floor with a noisy racket [PLUSH!!]. And with that single event, the end of the end came. I looked at it, sadly rolled up near the now naked door. With the sweetest of the gestures I picked it up and put it besides a hidden marionette.
Ya me había desvelado, no podía seguir tumbada en la cama escuchando la décima canción de mi disco favorito. Pensé en seguir estudiando [bah, ¿para qué, si estoy zombie y no me voy a enterar de nada?] o leer otra vez el último cómic que me compré [¿para qué?, ¡si ya me lo sé de memoria!]. Me puse a juguetear con el pelo del otro Eduardo, el de peluche [¿cómo puede ser tan suave?], y mientras acariciaba distraídamente las múltiples hebillas de su traje me empecé a acordar de Londres.
So I stood up and turned on the computer. Milky gave me a nice smile all the time [I smiled back, of course]. Picture after picture I recalled all the things I felt during my short visit. It would have been great if I had gone for several days or weeks [someday I’ll live there, that’s for sure]. Also, during this intense weekend I was stunned because of someone I hadn’t seen for 12 long days, and all the time I dreamed I wasn’t with my parents but with anyone else [really, anyone].
Era precioso, cuando caminaba por Covent Garden recordé los dos domingos consecutivos que fuimos las lokys de Harrow en el verano de 2003. Ya no estaba el guitarrista-bonico con el que Ana Casanova me hizo una foto [como excusa, el que interesaba era él], ni la tienda chula donde estaban las Doc Martens de colorines [argh, me quedé sin pillarme unas… otra vez], ni siquiera estaba ya la tienda de libros donde compramos los libritos de Harry Potter de la Comic Relief Fundation. Y nuestro Bennie… Seguía igual, pero exactamente igual de impresionante [no podía dejar de mirarlo].
But next time it’ll be me and Antonio [the third time I call you that! HA!!]. Fish & Chips will be our only meal, and Joe Strummer will sing for us all the time. The Thames will be grey as Newcastle, and the forgotten space race will be under our control. The countdown begins [still no end date].
Y todo esto porque anoche se cayó un póster de mi puerta...
Entre una foto y la otra hay más de 3 años de diferencia, pero como si no hubiera pasado el tiempo. Es curioso, en la ciudad con eterno movimiento y afluencia continua de turistas hay un elefante de Dalí de cartón-piedra que no se inmuta ante la lluvia ni ante nada.
No cambia cuando todo lo demás se supone que sí lo hace.
No cambia cuando todo lo demás se supone que sí lo hace.