Friday, 27 July 2018

Being an eternal underdog

I've known it all along, like the bone under my skin
Like actors in a photograph, like paper in the wind 

There's a hammer by the window
There's a knife on the floor

Like turbines in darkness 
Like the blood on my door

It's a Genera-tor...


When words won't come out, let Dr. Graffin speak.


There's a place where everyone can be happy
It's the most beautiful place in the whole effing world
It's made of candy canes and planes and bright red choo-choo trains 
And the meanest little boys and the most innocent little girls 

And you know I wish that I could go there 
It's a road that I have not found 
And I wish you the best of luck, dear
Drop a card or a letter to my side of town

'Cause there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend

But baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send and
You... painted my entire world, but
I... Don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled

And I won't forget it