Friday, 23 September 2011

90's Mixtape

Today's the autumnal equinox in the Northern Hemisphere, so I guess it's official now: farewell, summer...

   

I remember when a guy I admired a lot when I was little gave me a mixtape he had recorded from his CD's and cassettes. I listened to it for months, even longer. It featured "Black or White" by Michael Jackson, "The Summer Is Magic" by Playahitty, and many other hit songs from the 90's.

Now I look back and realize that it's a pity how he and his sister finally ended up. But the thing is, you have to keep the good memories from your past, that's what's all about. I'll always remember him like that skinny, pimpled-faced older brother of a good friend of mine who introduced me to John Lennon, good music in general and record collecting for the first time...

Wonder if they ever think of me the same way I do about them.