Sunday, 18 September 2011

Darcy

Doubts, doubts, doubts.

This is going too fast and I'm freaking out... I'm afraid I'll be giving it a miss for a while, just to see how things work out and maybe finding out wether it's worth it or not when I value your behavior.

Why is everything so weird? I have a feeling this is rather forced. It used to be so easy back then when we were in school, but now I don't know wether to throw it all away and forget everything we've passed together (que no es mucho, todo hay que decirlo), trusting it'll go as fast as it came, nor putting all my trust in another person once again, probably to find out in a time from now that it was another huge mistake, and getting hurt is the usual modus operandi, the usual result of every emotional exchange in my life.

It's been a while since I picture myself as a small, defenseless creature who, blow after blow, is slowly withdrawing into its shell never to come back to its original state.

All the bruises and all the marks are starting to show in my face and they are reflected on everything I do, say or think. Although I'm very fond of you, Dónal, it was you who gave me the two hardest masterstrokes which scarred me for life. And I've never been able to open up as naturally or as spontaneously again.

But I guess that, as usual, it was all my fault and I deserved it... Afterall, isn't karma all about that?