Wikipedia defines a Plain Jane as "a woman who has an average appearance. It can also mean an object that is unadorned or unembellished."
I've come to assume that, maybe if I'm lucky, all I can ever aspire is to be a Plain Jane. And I guess I'm content with it... I'll have to force myself to forget all those dreams of someday becoming a cultured, appealing woman, surrounded by people who admire her knowledge.
Never stand out, trying not to draw attention. Just resign yourself and keep going until it all ends.
I've come to assume that, maybe if I'm lucky, all I can ever aspire is to be a Plain Jane. And I guess I'm content with it... I'll have to force myself to forget all those dreams of someday becoming a cultured, appealing woman, surrounded by people who admire her knowledge.
Never stand out, trying not to draw attention. Just resign yourself and keep going until it all ends.
